Farm to Table Experience
Hop onto your Bicycles and meander through the food gardens, vineyards, free range farms, historical wine cellars and be informed, inspired and entertained about Boschendal completely sustainable model of farming and feeding on our Boschendal cycle.
In a series of interactive talks and workshops, make your way through the farm getting your hands dirty and collecting goodies along route.
Complete your experience in a Farm to Table tasting experience with all the goodies you’ve collected in an exquisitely refurbished wine cellar.
Perfect for foodies, ethical and health-conscious consumers, fans of artisan produce, urban farmers, and shiny happy people.
INTERACTIVE TOUR INCLUDES, but is not limited to:
- A cycle around the Boschendal farm learning about its agri-landscaping
- A talk in the sustainable food garden and picking fresh herbs for your lunch
- Collecting free range eggs in the ethical chicken coups
- Interacting with the livestock on the farm
- A Cellar tour, and wine tasting and picking the perfect wine for lunch
- A lunch taster menu that incorporates all the goodies you’ve collected
A CLASSIC FARM TO TABLE EXPERIENCE:
09h00 Introductions, signing of indemnity forms and choosing correct size bikes
09h30 Cycle begins
09h35 Arrival at Food Garden: Interactive tour & picking fresh herbs and vegetables for lunch
09h55 Cycle commences
10h00 Arrival at free range chicken farm: Interactive tour & collecting free range eggs
10h20 Cycle commences
10h30 Arrival at livestock farm: Interactive tour & interacting with animals
10h50 Cycle commences
11h00 Arrival at Wine Cellar: Brief cellar tour & wine tasting
12h00 Cycle commences
12h10 Arrival at Lunch venue: Taster lunch with all components collected along the way
13h30 End of Farm to Table Experience