CAPE TOWN WALKING TOUR
Join us on a Cape Town Walking Tour of the city and Bo-Kaap to acquaint yourself with its history, diversity and beautiful architecture.
Also known as ‘The Mother City’, Cape Town was founded as a re-supply stop for the Dutch East India Company, along the trade route between Europe and Asia. Thus, the tapestry of cultures that exists in Cape Town reflects the history of people from various regions of the world who shaped its existence. Today, Cape Town is the legislative capital of South Africa, and a popular tourist destination, boasting a colourful mix of culture.
THE ORIGINS OF CAPE TOWN WALKING TOUR INCLUDES:
- The oldest cultivated pear tree in South Africa (circa 1652)
- The Slave Lodge
- The Slave Auction Tree
- Postal Stone
- Adderley Street Flower sellers
- Botanically and historically valuable trees
- Local arts and crafts along the avenue
- Grassy lawns and benches
- A herb and succulent garden
- Historic statues
- Green Market Square
- St Georges Cathedral