LANGA WALKING TOUR
Meet the Langa Walking Tour Guides at the Gugu S’Thebe Visitor Information Centre in Langa. We will start with an introduction to some of the artists and their Arts and Crafts on exhibit in Gugu S’Thebe. Thereafter we start a walking tour of Langa, Cape Town’s oldest township which was created in the mid-1920’s.
Our tours are tailored to give your clients an interactive slice-of-life of the townships. We walk and talk, touch and smell, hear and feel.
This is not a game reserve experience, but rather a welcome into the community of Langa.
We are welcomed into people’s homes and lives, township residents will share their experiences, their hopes and dreams.
We will visit on the Langa Walking Tour:
- Arts and Crafts
- Apartheid-style hostels and shacks
- Exciting new housing developments
- Outdoor ―restaurants selling Smileys
- Upmarket ―Beverley Hills 2 residential areas
- Vibrant Langa Commercial Centre and taxi rank
- Gumboot Dancers, our NGO Social Project (after school and during holidays)
Duration: 2 to 3 hours Rate
Includes: Hosting & facilitation, staff, guided tour.
Excludes: Meals, drinks, transport to and from the event.
These can be arranged on request.