In the Communication Catalyst we focus on all the different areas of communication and how we can
change the meaning of what we say by altering Body Language, Facial expressions, Tone of Voice and other elements.
Effective Communication, both internal and external, is the biggest challenge facing all businesses. We all believe that we communicate well and expect people to understand our intended meaning perfectly!
By highlighting the many different ways in which one short phrase can be delivered, we illustrate the common mistakes of poor communication and how easily they can be altered. This exercise generates lots of laughter, but the message is clear – re-look at how you express yourself, in order to communicate effectively.
Warning: You may become distinctly more aware of your communication style.
HOW DOES COMMUNICATION CATALYST WORK
- The group will be divided into teams and start off with ice breakers and a briefing of the day’s events.
- Team’s will go through a series of strategy communication exercises that focus on breaking down inter personal barriers.
COMMUNICATION CATALYST OUTCOMES
- It’s not what you say but how you say it
- Seeking to be understood
- Personality types and how they communicate differently
- The Communication Catalyst programme engages the clients with fun and interactive activities including
- Laughter Yoga techniques to change your mood and perspective as well as some introspective elements that will have the clients examine their own style of communication and its short comings.
- Beyond the technical outcomes, this is a fun, non-physical activity that will get the group to engage and interact with each other and learn about themselves and their interpersonal relationships.
CHALLENGES COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Laughter Yoga
- Stare tactics
- Facial expression exercises
- Teamwork photo challenges
- Communication and team challenges
- Collaborative Challenges
- Body Expression exercises
*We can tailor-make the itinerary to suit any group
APPROXIMATE TIMINGS OF EVENT
09h00: Introduction & Briefing
- The lead facilitator will get the group moving with a few stretches and group energizers to get the energy flowing.
- Once the group is warmed up, the group will be divided into teams and teams get acquainted in a series of icebreakers.
- The lead facilitator will then brief the teams on the day’s activities.
09h30: Communication Catalyst begins
- Teams will complete a series of stimulating, fun and effective communication exercises
- The lead facilitator will provide a thorough briefing of how the exercise works before each exercise
10h30: Analysis of challenges and teams reactions to them
11h00: End of Communication Catalyst