People trivia – Teambuild
One of the most effective ways to bond with your team and get morale up in difficult times is to just lighten up and take part in a combined activity, while everyone has a good laugh as they get to know one another.
It’s EASY, and with a little bit of planning you could be paving the runway for great things as your team bonds and learns to communicate in an informal, fun environment.
Company Culture = Winning!
How you can host a remote People Quiz
Being apart can make it difficult, but Lockdown has taught all of us how to be remote work Pro’s, and most of your staff should have access to the internet if your’e already doing online meetings.
It’s time to use that office machine for fun!
How it works
Firstly, you’ll need to do a little bit of planning in advance, send out a mail or survey asking people to share something about themselves that most people at work don’t know. You can make use of Google forms to set up the questionnaire that way you’ll have all the answers in one place. Then, compile all the information into a quiz format to use during the meeting.
- What did you want to be when you grow up?
- What is one thing your colleagues don’t know about you?
- Whats your most memorable moment from High School or College?
- What is one story that you used to feel embarrassed about but can laugh about now?
- If you were a Cartoon Character who would you be?
- Can you play an instrument – if so what?
- What is your strangest talent?
- Name 3 items from your bucket list?
- What was your childhood nickname?
*We’ll help you get started, just download the free People Trivia Guide.
Setting up the Quiz format
Everyone has to have 4 pieces of paper with the letters A on one piece of paper, B on the next, C on the next and D on the final sheet. People will use this to show their answer after you ask the question. This makes communication a little easier.
The facilitator can read out the questions in a multiple choice format, but get ready to pause as people laugh hysterically at the funny facts they never knew about their colleagues.
Question Example: Which number minded employee from the accounting team wanted to be a Firetruck when they grew up?
A) Jenny Fredericks
B) Paul Cox
C) Steven Jantjies
D) Kate Nkomo
Applications you can use:
Zoom Conferencing – A free easy to use app where you can host up to 99 other people with everyone visible.
Microsoft Teams – Interact with up to 250 people, but only 4 people will be displayed onscreen at a time.
Google Hangouts – Interact with up to 15 people onscreen.
Things to keep in mind
- Use this information to get to know people on a deeper level and to allow employees to bond on a human level rather than the business faces they already know.
- Keep it loose and informal, this is supposed to be fun.
- There are no wrong answers!
- Give people enough time to complete your questionnaire, you’ll get more honest feedback.
- Encourage everyone to laugh and take part.
- Forget about titles everyone is a contestant!
- No office politics.
- Choose a mutually beneficial time, people have lives outside of the office.
- Offer some prizes to make sure everyone wants to participate… this can be anything from a bag of paperclips, a brand new stapler, a day off, a free lunch or an awesome outdoors activity.
The idea is for everyone to have fun while getting to know one another. What better time to get to know the people you miss hanging out around the water-cooler with… and see that they miss you too!
Remember to contact Adventure Works after Lockdown for Awesome Teambuilding made Easy!
Have fun hosting your very own People Trivia Remote Teambuild, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more fresh news and ideas.